This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Strategic partnership

Greg90
Strategic partnership

Postby Greg90 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi there.
I currently work for a landscaping company. My wife and I are looking to set up our own LTD company offering both interior and exterior design. As part of the service to our clients, we will provide a project management service.

I have a good relationship with my existing employer and we would both like to continue our working relationship long term and hopefully grow both business at the same time.

He has already agreed that my new company for his in a project manager role, however I would like to show commitment to him and prove that the new company will not be direct competition to his.

Would it be possible to establish a strategic partnership whereby my company offers project management to his company. In exchange for sending our landscaping jobs to his company?

The reason why I am unsure if this is possible, is because there will be instances where my company will pass on a project to his company, for him to the contract our company to manage it.

Is it also possible to put a contract in place where we both agree to have first refusal on each project?

bd6759

Re: Strategic partnership

Postby bd6759 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 pm

It should be, but this is a legal question, not a tax question.

Return to “Company Taxation”