This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Code 1185L To K code

chimpy666
Tax Code 1185L To K code

Postby chimpy666 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello All

I have recently swapped being a contractor (not earning 100k) under IR35 to a permanent member of staff, HMRC have sent me a letter informing me of my new tax code, K1036X from 1185L.

I was with an agency and they taxed me from source under IR35

I have been told owe 835.60 in tax I owe and I have no tax allowance,

should I give them a call and work this out, as my accountant filled and filed all my personal tax 2/3 weeks ago, so would it be that they have not adjusted it?

bit confused.

robbob

Re: Tax Code 1185L To K code

Postby robbob » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:56 pm

I would start by ringing hmrc and going through the "estimated" income amounts for this tax year - i am guessing the have simply added the new source on at an excessive annual amount or presumed the other sources will continue to be active. I would recommend checking all entries in the code to ensure there is no funnies.

Return to “Income Tax”