This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Taxation - Electric Car

MickyV
Taxation - Electric Car

Postby MickyV » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:23 pm

I am considering buying myself a new Zero emissions Electric Car through my business. It will not be used exclusively for business use.

Am I right in thinking that my business can claim 100% First Year Allowance on it even though it is not being used exclusively for business?

Am I right in thinking the P11D Benefit In Kind amount will be considered 13% of the List Price for 18/19; 16% for 19/20; 2% foe 20/21 and don't know beyond that?

Is there anything else I need to think about?

robbob

Re: Taxation - Electric Car

Postby robbob » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Yep - that's pretty much spot on, note the car must be new to qualify for the 100% allowance. Where you lead most will follow in 4/5 years time they just don't know that yet (shhhhsh :))

Not really - note you can't claim vat back on non pool car purchases.

MickyV

Re: Taxation - Electric Car

Postby MickyV » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:50 am

Thank you! Going shopping now....

Return to “Company Taxation”