This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Working in the UK. Employed by a Finnish company with E101/A1

Marru
Working in the UK. Employed by a Finnish company with E101/A1

Postby Marru » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 am

I moved from Finland to the UK to work. I'm employed by a Finnish company and have an E101/A1. I'm paid in euros and my Finnish employer deducts national insurance and pension contributions.

We haven't registered a company in the UK, so I wondered how I should pay tax in the UK, taking into account my E101/A1 so I don't pay national insurance in both countries, I also believe that I would be able to deduct accommodation expenses. Can I simply register as self-employed?

Many thanks!

Mark.

AmanSood

Re: Working in the UK. Employed by a Finnish company with E101/A1

Postby AmanSood » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm

I assume you moved from Finland to the UK on assignment i.e. for a temporary period? If so, i'd suggest you get an accountant to assist you as you will likely be due a UK tax refund or at least reduce your UK tax bill depending on your accommodation, travel subsistence expenses.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “International Tax”