This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

auto/micro entrepreneur scheme France

pontneuf
auto/micro entrepreneur scheme France

Postby pontneuf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Hello,

I have a question about registering as a micro-entrepreneur in France.

I am currently registered as self-employed in the UK and have recently moved to Paris. I'm not yet sure whether I'll be staying for longer than six months, so I'm not sure whether it makes sense for me to register in France for tax purposes (yet). My question is: if I were to wait for six months to see if I stay longer here, would I still be eligible to register as a micro-entrepreneur? From what I have read, it seems the micro-entrepreneur scheme might be more for people who haven't started trading yet, and might not be able to incorporate back-payments for a prior six months.

It would obviously be easier for me to wait and see whether I'm going to stay on longer than six months in France, and then decide what to do, but if that means I wouldn't then be able to register as a micro-entrepreneur, I would have to think again about that.

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Return to “International Tax”