This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Investing funds into business ... and ... Non-resident status

allkindsofnonsense
Investing funds into business ... and ... Non-resident status

Postby allkindsofnonsense » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:14 am

1) How do I get non-resident status, living more 40 days but definitely less than 55?
I'll be in various countries over the next year, but not in england.

2) If classed as non-resident...Will you need to pay tax for just those two months? Just 183 days?

3) How do you reinvest your income into your business, such that you don’t pay tax on it? (Intend to invest in stocks) I’m registered as myself (sole-trader).
So how would these be evaluated? Stock assets in my name? How much tax will I pay the subsequent year?

4) Is it possible to set aside business funds (non-income) or do they have to be invested somewhere before the tax year? If former, what are the procedures required to be in place?

Return to “Income Tax”