This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

French tax on capital remitted from UK

chrisgough
French tax on capital remitted from UK

Postby chrisgough » Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 am

I am resident in France and a French taxpayer. Last year I surrendered an Isle of Man insurance policy, the existence of which I had declared in the proper way, in order to release funds to purchase an apartment, now my sole residence. The funds were therefore transferred from IoM to France. I know that any growth in the policy value is declarable and taxed as income. However, do I need to declare the transfer of funds into France, if so, in which part of the current French tax form should I do so? And at what rate will the transfer be taxed, assuming it is indeed taxable?

Return to “International Tax”