This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT lump sums etc

Caramel shortcake
CGT lump sums etc

Postby Caramel shortcake » Sat May 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Left marital home 7 years ago, been in rented since, otherside refusing to market property. 5 years to get final order which orders house to market, then when sold, two lump sum payments come to me to recompense me in lieu of assets spent by otherside during court process, THEN a 50/50 split of remaining proceeds of sale.
Now Enforcement of order as property still not on market two years after final order. When it eventually gets to market and sells will I be liable for capital gains on the lump sums, as this whole thing has taken so long since I left. I am concerned about the time frame which continues to elapse, I will buy a home and will need the proceeds plus all of the lump sums to purchase mortgage free.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”