This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CT partnership tax return (SA800)

DonkeyAccountant
CT partnership tax return (SA800)

Postby DonkeyAccountant » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 am

We have a LLP which is a CT partnership (all the partners are UK limited companies). The LLP was formed on 5 December 2016 and was dormant until 10 May 2017 when it started trading. The first accounting period has been extended to 31 May 2018 (i.e. the first accounting period is 5 December 2016 - 31 May 2018, just under 18 months long).

How should we file a partnership tax return (SA800) for the LLP for the period 5 December 2016 - 31 May 2018? Does the normal basis period rule apply to CT partnerships (i.e. as if it were a normal partnership made up of individual partners only)? For which tax years do we need to file partnership tax returns? Can we just put all the profit for the first accounting period in the partnership tax return for the tax year ended 5 April 2019 (i.e. are there special rules for CT partnership which allow us to file one partnership tax return even if the first accounting period started two tax years ago (2016-17) (and it started trading one tax year ago (2017-18)))? Ideally we do not want to file a partnership tax return for the tax year ended 5 April 2017.

Return to “Income Tax”