This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Intangible asset and balance sheet question?

robbie777
Intangible asset and balance sheet question?

Postby robbie777 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:35 am

Good Evening Everybody,

I am new to this forum and seeking a bit of help with a tax question. In 2017 I purchased a Trademark and filled it in as an intangible asset on companies house balance sheet 2016/2017 which cost me £200. I have to complete my accounts now for 2017/2018 and I am confused a bit in regards to intangible assets? Because I purchased a trademark which lasts for 10yrs (Not yet been used just reserved) do I carry it over and put £200 intangible asset for years 2017 and in 2018 in the balance sheet or is it left at zero and just deal with it in CT600 version 3?

Will be ever so grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction. As I am currently doing own accounting work and first time I have really dealt with intangible assets in taxation before.

Return to “Business Tax”