This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Trying to calculate if over the 45k tax threshold

davezac
Trying to calculate if over the 45k tax threshold

Postby davezac » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:14 pm

I wonder if someone would be so kind as to help in just a few words.
I was fortunate to be able to take early retirement last september. so i have a pension income of £22k
I now find myself working for another organisation on a salary of £31k. I dont pay NI on the pension income, and it is this income that benefits from the 11k tax code - so i pay tax on the other 11k.

My question is this. Am i over the 45k tax threshold for upper earners? if so, what is the least i need to invest in my new employmers pension scheme in order to reduce tax payments.

Any help greatly appreciated
David

AmanSood

Re: Trying to calculate if over the 45k tax threshold

Postby AmanSood » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

your total annual taxable income (including pension income is £53k so you are over £45k. to get under this under £45k you would have to put in 8k into your pension.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

davezac

Re: Trying to calculate if over the 45k tax threshold

Postby davezac » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Thank you for your help Aman.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”