This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Income Tax for non resident

Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:22 pm

UK Income Tax for non resident

Postby janebates » Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am

I live in Spain, but have had a portfolio of shares with a UK broker for many years. The shares are a mixture of UK, European and American shares. I have been a full time resident in Spain for 15 years, and complete Spanish tax returns and pay Spanish tax. Do I need to complete a UK tax return?

Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: UK Income Tax for non resident

Postby pawncob » Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 am

With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Income Tax”