This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Tax Return Needed?

janebates
UK Tax Return Needed?

Postby janebates » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:55 am

Hi, am domiciled in Spain, but for legacy reasons I have a investment portfolio with a UK brooder. There are a few UK shares, but most investments are in companies such as Roche, Microsoft etc. I compete Spanish tax returns and pay Spanish tax. Do I need to complete a UK tax return?

AGoodman

Re: UK Tax Return Needed?

Postby AGoodman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Assuming you mean that you do not live in the UK, then no, you should not have any UK tax liabilities.

No capital gains tax is payable by non-UK residents (save for UK land),
No income tax is payable by non-UK residents on dividends
I don't believe any additional tax is payable by non-UK residents on UK interest (over and above any that is withheld) but haven't quite kept up with the latest changes

janebates

Re: UK Tax Return Needed?

Postby janebates » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am

Many thanks. Yes, I don't live in the UK.

Return to “Income Tax”