This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT re-registration

katb
VAT re-registration

Postby katb » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:07 pm

I work as a contractor and my business was registered for VAT. Then my circumstances changed and I deregistered for VAT. Now, after a year or so, I would like to register for VAT again. Can I use my old VAT number or do I need to apply for completely new number as if I haven't been registered before?
Thanks,
K

robbob

Re: VAT re-registration

Postby robbob » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 am

You will be issued a new vat number, there is no option to resurrect the old one.

katb

Postby katb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm

What to do if I accidently issued an invoice with old VAT? :shock:

robbob

Postby robbob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 pm

You can't bill vat if you aren't vat registered, so you should cancel that invoice and re-issue one with no vat (if you aren't vat registered) - or with the new vat number if that applies for the relevant
invoice / time of provision of services date.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”