This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

am I liable for any tax?

propertymogul

Postby propertymogul » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:12 am

I bought a buy to let property (85% LTV £80k) in June 2006 which is rented now out.I renovated it at a cost of approx £8,000 over about 6 months, I then applied for a further advance on the new property value (£112,500) after renovations.Whilst renovating it I had all bills put in my name and set to the property.I am now buying a second property on a non status mort for myself to live in. It also needs renovation. Are there any expenses I can claim for property A? And, if I sell it in the next 6 months would I be liable for nay taxes-CGT etc?
Much apreciate any guidance as to how/ what i need to do to stay within the law!
Many Thanks

Instinctive

Postby Instinctive » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:20 am

Which expenses were you thinking of claiming and against what?

When you sell the property A in 6 months time, you may be liable to pay CGT on any gains thereon.

Ramnik

Return to “Property Taxation”