This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

NOTE - New HMRC property income campaign

al_eebee

Postby al_eebee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:06 am

Follow the link below:

http://www.tax.org.uk/showarticle.pl?id=6553

It will be interesting to see who gets written to as a result of this new initiative

robbob

Postby robbob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 am

Thanks for that al.

I can't blame the revenue for doing something about this as i suspect alot of people do not declare rental income as they should.

I don't know why they don't simply do a form that has to be filled in within 3 months of receiving rental income as is the case for self employment,if not done then £100 fine.The £100 penalty process works very well with regard to getting people to submit their tax returns/subby returns and p35 returns on time.

Return to “Property Taxation”