This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Changes to regs affecting Enterprise Zone Unit Trusts?

Bazzaman
Changes to regs affecting Enterprise Zone Unit Trusts?

Postby Bazzaman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 pm

I hold units in a number of Enterprise Zone Unit Trusts (EZUTs) originally dating dating from late 1980s thru mid to late 1990s

I was always under the impression that to avoid clawback of the original tax allowances the freehold of the property (the rump property interest) could not be sold for 25 years (although a lesser interest could be sold after 7 years).

I've recently received a notice from the managers of one of the EZUTs (which reaches the 25 year deadline in 2022) that they are on the verge of selling the rump property interest.

Did the rules change at some point? And if so how / when?

Return to “Property Taxation”