This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

accountant or IFA ??

marlene
accountant or IFA ??

Postby marlene » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:32 pm

I have a few buy to let properties (for over 10 years now) and am wanting to release equity to buy some more. I want to know if i should set up as a limited company or just in my own name again. I would like to get some professional advice on this so who do I need ?? An accountant (i do my own tax returns) or a financial advisor (I have one who gets my mortgages for me) but who do i use. ??? also im wanting a bit of future planning advice ie for inheritence for the kids (im 40 but want to plan ahead) any advice on who to get advice from please LoL

jpcentral

Re: accountant or IFA ??

Postby jpcentral » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 am

Accountants, mortgage brokers and IFAs often work together because they have different areas of expertise.

You will probably find that an accountant has the best overview but will not be up to date with the vagaries of the mortgage market. IHT planning often requires input from accountants and IFAs - and solicitors have a substantial role to play too.
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

marlene

Postby marlene » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:37 pm

thanks for your reply xx

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:18 pm

I agree with John but would really get as much as information together from different sources about the buy to let market. Its undergoing significant change and personally with the regulations, taxes and anti government stance towards landlords. I am not sure buy to let is a good investment anymore.

You will need to carry out the full analysis before any decision is made. I would advise you to put together some scenarios and forecasts to see if the investment is worthwhile.

Its good you are looking into inheritance implications and certainly professional advice should be sought in this area as it is complicated

Return to “Property Taxation”