This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

taxation for joint non-resident/resident

ViaJohnny
taxation for joint non-resident/resident

Postby ViaJohnny » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:48 pm

hello, I own a property (joint-ownership) with an another person. I am renting it but soon will be non-resident due to a relocation while the other person will be still resident.
I am reading that there is a "non-resident" landlord scheme to follow, however what do we do when only half is a a non-resident owner ? I can't reasonably ask tenants to register with HRMC for only half of the renting and deduct tax from the rent on half it?
If you know more about this case, please let me know what HRMC is expecting.
Thanks

AGoodman

Re: taxation for joint non-resident/resident

Postby AGoodman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 am

The non-resident's landlord scheme is to prevent agents (or failing that tenants) having to make deductions. It doesn't require it.

Return to “Property Taxation”