This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Withdrawing Funds when a Company owes Money to the Director

jammy99
Withdrawing Funds when a Company owes Money to the Director

Postby jammy99 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi All,
If I personally lend my BTL Ltd company £250k and use that cash to purchase two houses (each with a company BTL mortgage). I then have £250k in the Directors loan account, where the company owes me personally £250k.

After 12 months the two properties bring in say £30k in rent. Of this, £15k is reinvested into the company to overpay the mortgages.

Can I withdraw the remaining £15k from the company directors loan account – to leave zero profit (to tax) in the company?

OR is the remaining £15k deemed as profit, taxable at 19% (£2,850) to leave £12,150, before it can be paid out of the directors loan account?

Will I receive £15,000 or £12,150 from the directors loan account.
In a nutshell does the directors loan account pay out before or after corporation tax has been paid.

Thanks In Advance :)

bd6759

Re: Withdrawing Funds when a Company owes Money to the Director

Postby bd6759 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:44 am

Repaying capital is not an expense. The company will pay tax on £30K profits.

AdamS93

Re: Withdrawing Funds when a Company owes Money to the Director

Postby AdamS93 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:45 pm

As above, repayment of loans is not an expense as on the contrary the receipt of a loan is not taxable inccome.

Return to “Property Taxation”