This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Sale, Purchase, Remortgage and Transfer

AMUK786
Sale, Purchase, Remortgage and Transfer

Postby AMUK786 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of multiple property transactions and trying to assess the various SDLT taxes that may be due.

I am selling my main residence to purchase another main residence with my wife so the mortgages and deeds will be joint. I also have a BTL leasehold flat only in my name and wish to include my wife in the title deeds / lease and mortgage when I remortgage at the same time as the sale/purchase of main residence. There will be no consideration as there will be no cash exchanging hands on the transfer.

Sale of main residence:
1. Selling Property £525k

Purchase of new main residence:
1. Buying Property £800k

Remortgage of BTL Property:
1. Value £280k
2. Remortgage £210k

Tranfer of BTL Property to joint owners:
1. Leashold premium £1

If I understand correctly I shouldn't be liable for second property SDLT:
1. Replacing Main Residence so SDLT should only be £15k (5% of 325000)
2. Transfer to joint owners premium is £1 and no considiration.

Thoughts?

Thank you advance.

Return to “Property Taxation”