This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Letting agents fee delays due to covid

solange
Letting agents fee delays due to covid

Postby solange » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 am

Hi Guys

Hoping for some guidance.

My rental property became empty in January of this year. I emplyed the services of a letting agent to fully manage the property. It needed some repairs and redecoration and by March it was ready to let out. Viewings commenced early March, however the agent was then furloughed due to covid. The property was eventually let out mid May. All fees due to the letting agent were paid in May.

I account on an accruals basis.

My questions are
1) do I put the tenant find fee into 19/20 accounts as the tenant find commenced in March?
2)I assume the epc, gas cert, inventory should all go into 20/21 given they were done in May? Just not sure given there was a legal obligation from January (when the contract was signed)for this to be carried out by the letting agent?

Thanks for any help

pawncob

Re: Letting agents fee delays due to covid

Postby pawncob » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Depends on when it was invoiced.
Yes.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

solange

Re: Letting agents fee delays due to covid

Postby solange » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 am

Thanks for your help pawncob appreciateit!

Return to “Property Taxation”