This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Detail for other property income

Janey3278
Detail for other property income

Postby Janey3278 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 am

Hi, I’m trying to complete my tax return for an additional property I rent out. I have reached the section to enter value of income but it keep rejecting the figures I put in. I have entered the value in the following format 7462.15 but keep rejecting saying in the wrong format. Any ideas?

Lambs

Re: Detail for other property income

Postby Lambs » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:31 am

J,

You may have thought of this already but if memory serves, HMRC's systems ask for income and expenditure to be rounded to the nearest whole £. (Strictly, down and up respectively).

With regards,

Lambs

Janey3278

Re: Detail for other property income

Postby Janey3278 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks for your reply. When you put in a figure, it is automatically rounded up, so this hasn't made a difference, but thanks anyway. J

Return to “Property Taxation”