This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Purchasing overseas permanent home

Nkhan67
Purchasing overseas permanent home

Postby Nkhan67 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:13 am

I was living in the UK and was a tax resident. I had got married and decided to move to live with my wife in Singapore. In the last year of my stay in the Uk we decide to buy a property in Singapore as our permanent home. My wife is Singaporean and was already living in Singapore. We were purchasing a flat in Singapore whilst I was still in the UK, during that year I also submitted my P85 to HMRC saying that I was leaving at the end of the year. Do I need to declare the property which I was purchasing even though there was no rental income involved, no capital gains. Also the property was not built and finished until the next year when I was a non tax resident living in Singapore.

pawncob

Re: Purchasing overseas permanent home

Postby pawncob » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:10 am

UK taxman doesn't want to know about this.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Property Taxation”