This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Incorporation of Sch D property development business

Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Postby ian.wright@beechams. » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:27 am

I have a client who rents properties and also buys&sells properties. I have separated these two distinctly as one which is SchA and the other as a trade SchD(the buying and selling).

My client wants to incorporate his SchD business, put some current projects in, do a few more deals and then sell the company and get business asset taper releif!


Can I use any incorporation relief on the transfers in?

Is there any taper relief anti avoidance provisions on setting up and selling up?

I'm about to start my research into all of these but thought a little help on here may point me in the right direction.

Ian Wright

Return to “Property Taxation”