This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Stamp Duty Due on incorporation and additional capital injection

CarGo

Postby CarGo » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:12 am

I have just incorporated a limited company, with a minimal amount of share issue. I have heard that stamp duty is due on the this, but am not sure of the forms I need to complete or where to send the payment?

Also, if I decide to injection further capital into the business I assume I will have to pay more stamp duty?

accountant@uktaxshop

Postby accountant@uktaxshop » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:03 am

You will be pleased to hear you have been misinformed.

There is no stamp duty on the issue of shares.

If you need accounting support for your limited company, please let me know. I assist a number of owner managed business finding their way around the regulations, planning efficient fund extraction, filing statutory accounts and completing tax returns.

Regards

James Smith
Chartered Accountant
www.uktaxshop.co.uk
01284 764436

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”