This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

New Stamp Duty Tax - 1 Dec 2003

shawn_phade@yahoo.co

Postby shawn_phade@yahoo.co » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:07 am

I just purchased a property for under 150K that qualifies for the stamp duty relief for disadvantaged areas as described on the IR website.

The sale is still having the paperwork done and I am told 6-8 weeks for completion.

Am I in danger of having to pay the new stamp duty tax effective 1 Dec 2003 if the sale has not been completed by this time? or will this relief still apply to this new tax?

paulc

Postby paulc » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:29 am

You are OK, disadvantaged relief continues under the new regime

Paul

law_jas2003@yahoo.co

Postby law_jas2003@yahoo.co » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:39 am

Hi

I am in a simialr positionas whwre I have agreed to purchase a ne wbuild for £249950, last year the compeltion of contarcts have been done by myself and the builders. How much Stamp duty applies to me after 1 Dec 2003, as the new build is stil under contruction.

Thanks

Ram

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”