This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Refund additional 3% stamp duty time limit exceeded

Paulls
Refund additional 3% stamp duty time limit exceeded

Postby Paulls » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 am

We exceeded the 3 months to reclaim the additional stamp duty by mess than1 month ( and don’t qualify either for the 12 month rule as we purchased the new property over 12 months before we sold the initial property . I wrote to Harv when I submitted acknowledging I was late ( a little under one month) they denied the repayment. Does anyone know if there’s an avenue for appeal and/ or has anyone heard of any successful appeals over the time limit. I thought they would consider mitigating circumstances - it took over 2 months for the solicitor to give us the reference number required for us to submit ( as solicitor left and emails we were sending when into cyberspace as they didn’t redirect the emails) for us to submit and I got made redundant after 17 years of emplyment and was trying to source internalenplyment liaise withsolicitors etc . Any help appreciated ! Thanks

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”