This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet


Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:17 pm


Postby lorr_bryant2000 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:19 pm


Please can you advise me which is correct, I have been given conflicting advice.

My Mum passed away in March this year, she jointly owned a house with my Dad, she left 50% of the property to me.

My home has been rented out for the last 5 years, since I moved in with my partner.

My Dad now wants to move to a flat, he is unable to purchase this flat without my half of his current property, which obviously I am happy to do.

The flat will be in our joint names.

Will be pay the enhanced rate on the whole purchase price or just my 50% because I own another property.

A quick reply would really be appreciated, this is a great worry for my 83yr old Dad, he is possibly due to exchange in January, but with these

additional fees may not be possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best wishes


Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:45 pm


Postby SDLT Geek » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:20 am

I expect you have seen the answer to the same question posted here: Did that give you the information you needed?

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”