This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BTL through a limited company

andywood222
BTL through a limited company

Postby andywood222 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm

hi,

I'm currently purchasing 3 properties through a limited company I have set up.

Please could you clarify the amount of stamp duty I would be paying on a purchase of 127k and if this is the same amount that I would be paying if I purchased without using a LTD company?

Thanks

jerome.lane

Re: BTL through a limited company

Postby jerome.lane » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:07 pm

It depends! Is £127k the purchase price for all 3 properties?
If its commercial property, there will be nil SDLT if less than £150k.
For residential property, a company will pay £3,850 on a £127k purchase.
An individual will broadly pay nil if a first time buyer, £40 if this is only property and not a first time buyer and £3,850 if they own 2 or more properties at the end of the day.
Multiple dwellings relief and linked transaction rules could change the amount payable. You should get full advice (which this is not) and the solicitor or conveyancer should be dealing with this.
Otherwise, this might help:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/calculate-stamp-duty-land-tax/#/intro
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”