This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

SDLT on main home

SusanEdinburgh
SDLT on main home

Postby SusanEdinburgh » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:25 am

Hello there

I had a question which looks like it may have been answered but I am in Scotland. I don't think we have SDLT - we have LBTT (replacement of Stamp Duty) but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So at the moment I have one property which is my main residence. I want to buy a small BTL property and this means paying 3%. However I also want to move my main residence after I have made this investment. So from reading this forum the implication is that I will pay the standard LBTT when I move my main residence next year.

Does anyone have any information on this please? Just before I go messing up your forum with repeated questions :lol:

Thanks very much.

Susan.

bd6759

Re: SDLT on main home

Postby bd6759 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Yes. You will pay LBTT.

The rules are substantially the same. If you replace your main residence you only pay the standard rate.

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”