This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Import VAT claim..

deanshepherd

Postby deanshepherd » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:05 pm

I spotted this following question posted on AccountingWeb and wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on the matter..

"VAT on importing...

I have just received this email from a client: -

'I phoned HMRC on Friday to try and confirm the paperwork need to prove my import vat payments on imported parcels from the USA. This young girl advised me that the parcelforce invoices I have been keeping is not evidence of import vat payments. I would need to receive a C79 form, which is filled out by customs when my parcels goes through customs, and only when the parcel imported has my vat no written on the docket. All parcels received to date have no vat number on them so I will not be receiving any C79 forms.

I spoke to a colleague, who is my main supplier in the USA and he used to live and work in Leeds and said that he had never heard of the C79 form and supplying prove of payment such as invoices was always enough.'

Are customs dockets good enough to reclaim VAT back?

Many thanks in advance..."

Any thoughts?

Generix

Postby Generix » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:39 am

Going back I'm sure you could agree something with customs based on the Customs Docket as proof. Going forward I'm certain they will require C79s.

Sometimes the courier incurs the import VAT (usually deffered on a deferment account) on your behalf and charges this as part of their fee. This would be shown on the invoice from the courier. However this is only usually in the case of very low value goods.
Do you adore to transfer your artistic and inventive qualities to renovate a part type? Perhaps your friends who tour your sanctuary head remarks about want they could levy you to change their premises.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”