This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT on services outside the UK

Albert Mons

Postby Albert Mons » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:49 pm

IntellectuAll is a company limited by guarantee providing Knowledge Management services and software licenses to mainly scientific organisations in Developing Countries and on occasion in the EU. Registered Office is in the UK and visting offices are in The Hague, The Netherlands.

Its accounting is under UK law.

Does the Lmtd have to charge VAT on its invoices to non-UK organisations and companies for (a) its license fees, (b) its training services, (c) its web based searching services, (d) its hosting of web sites for customers (hosting activity outside the UK).

Thanks in advance for some initial guidance which will most likely have to lead to formal councel.

drs. Albert Mons
CEO IntellectuAll

paultaylor@vatease.c

Postby paultaylor@vatease.c » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:06 am

Hello Albert,
This is very difficult to advise upon because the answers are dependant on so many variables, for example where does the training take place? what does the training involve? where are your customers based? who are your customers (eg private companies, government organisations etc etc.)
I am sorry to be vague but seriously, you could be involved in just about every VAT liability that exists so when you take advice it is imperative that you provide as much information as possible and the adviser you choose knows to ask the right questions.
I wish you every success. If you do wish to talk about this further I have left you my contact details below.
Kind Regards
Paul Taylor
VATease
Tel 0121 778 4299
paultaylor@vatease.co.uk

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”