This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT for training seminar by USA consultant

DestinLeB

Postby DestinLeB » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:33 pm

I work in the USA as an independent consultant. I would like to offer a technical training seminar in the UK. Individuals will register and pay in advance. If the registration fee does NOT include sleeping accomodations, am I liable for VAT tax on the registration fee? If so, how do I pay it?
Destin

hq@vatease.co.uk

Postby hq@vatease.co.uk » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:17 am

Hello,
Whether you have to account for VAT in the UK will depend on who your delegates are? Will your delegates be VAT registered in the UK ? This is the most important question to ask because if so they have to account for any VAT on your behalf. If they are not VAT registered then you may have a liability to become VAT registered in UK.
If you need further advice regarding practicalities then I suggest you need to take proper advice.
Kind regards
Simone Hurst
Principal Consultant
VATease
simone@vatease.co.uk
0121 778 4299

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”