This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT Flat Rate Scheme

aadt66

Postby aadt66 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:42 am

I operate the Flat Rate VAT Scheme. Does the difference between the VAT chargeable on my invoices minus the VAT recoverable on my purchases and the applicable Flat Rate for my business count as profit for corporation tax purposes?

paultaylor@vatease.c

Postby paultaylor@vatease.c » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:17 am

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer:

When calculating your income for accounts or tax purposes you should show your gross income (including VAT) minus the Flat Rate Charge paid.

Your purchases should be shown gross, except any capital purchases on which you have reclaimed VAT.

By doing this, the difference between the Net VAT you would have paid and the flat rate you have paid will automatically be included in your taxable income.

Regards

Paul Taylor
0121 778 4299
http://www.vatease.co.uk/

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”