This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Claim import VAT - Backdate C79?

vertiherbs
Claim import VAT - Backdate C79?

Postby vertiherbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello,

Complete novice here and doing this all for the first time, please go easy on me :)

I imported goods from China June last year and wasn't VAT registered at the time.

I have since registered with the effective start date going back to April 1st last year.

Is it possible to retrospectively get a C79 form so I can reclaim the import VAT?

My shipping agent are telling me it isn't but I have little faith in them as they were complicit in charging me negative freight charges.

Many thanks,

Sean

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Claim import VAT - Backdate C79?

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 am

Hi Sean

I had the same issue with another client

Unfortunately, we couldn't back date the C79.

Thanks

Sash

vertiherbs

Re: Claim import VAT - Backdate C79?

Postby vertiherbs » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Sean

I had the same issue with another client

Unfortunately, we couldn't back date the C79.

Thanks

Sash
That's a shame, thanks Sash. Anyone else out there who's found a way and experienced otherwise? Got my fingers crossed...

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”