This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT WHEN BUYING + SELLING OUTSIDE EU

Work Work Work
VAT WHEN BUYING + SELLING OUTSIDE EU

Postby Work Work Work » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi,

Please can somebody advise if I need to register for VAT when all my purchases / shipping / Sales take place outside the EU.

I run a UK based business that buys from China and Ships direct to the customer Via warehouse in USA. I have now reached the UK VAT sales threshold (£82000) for becoming VAT registered. Do I still need to register for VAT in this case scenario?

I would assume I only register for VAT when I make £82000 worth of sales exported from the UK or sold / purchased in EU. Currently that is £0. I will be selling in the UK in the future so will need to register for VAT to get my EORI number but that is a few months down the line. I want to do everything by the book so any advise is much appreciated.

THANK YOU

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”