This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Change of e-mail address

hardy
Change of e-mail address

Postby hardy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Has anybody had to change their clients e-mail address once they have signed up for MTD.
In the new agent services account you do not seem to have access to any clients details.
Do you still use the old form VAT484?
I need to do this for the e-mail communications including direct debit amounts.

robbob

Re: Change of e-mail address

Postby robbob » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Has anybody had to change their clients e-mail address once they have signed up for MTD.
I know it can be done from within the clients gateway if thats any help - other than that vat484 - or you could try telephoning - i have had variable luck getting details changed over the phone.
In the new agent services account you do not seem to have access to any clients details.
Basically everything we had is now gone ):
We may get some of it back - but i wouldn't hold your breath particularly as they can't even be bothered to do a client list in the agent area - when i see a client list then i will start to be hopeful that we may get back some of the old stuff soon after that.

The future (until things change) really lies in getting the clients to ensure they have a gateway setup with all the services added - the paper 484's really are a bit of a pain to use as are the paper direct debit setup forms. Practicably speaking unless "client" can view whether a direct debit is in place from within their gateway - we are always simply going to be praying that the previously setup direct debits are still in place - which they won't always be - i guess theoretically clients can check if there is an active direct debit with their bank. Unfortunately training clients to access the gateway is probably akin to potty training a kid - something thankfully i have never tried.

Very annoying how the hmrc digital team treat agents with such disdain while singing from the rooftops about this is great and that is great - its a bldy shambles taking away everything without even have the good grace to warn us or provide helpful info - summed up by the fact that the vat direct debit department exists but they can' access any mtd direct debit info !!
Then again we aren't the "customer" so we should probably expect that.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”