This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

I must pay VAT?

nikelef
I must pay VAT?

Postby nikelef » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 pm

hello,

I registered a company in uk to trade electric bicycle. I am gonna trade in the uk, europe and international. as far i know i wont charge the international customers vat. my company wont import nothing in the uk or eu, but will make only the sale and ship direct to customer from china. so the customer will have to import the products in real in the uk and eu. i must collect and charge vat the uk and eu customers or they will pay when they import the product and my company is vat exempt?

thanks

les35

Re: I must pay VAT?

Postby les35 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:41 pm

You should meet with an Accountant urgently to discuss these issues.
You may be able to register for VAT anyway to reclaim VAT incurred in the UK.
And, where you stock does not enter the UK, you will still need to retain evidence of shipping and delivery, etc.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”