This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT and Norway

malc2176
VAT and Norway

Postby malc2176 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:02 pm

If a UK entity sells goods to Norway, with an intermediate (assembly) point in Spain, what is the VAT treatment? Would the supply be exempt as Norway are in the EEA?

pawncob

Re: VAT and Norway

Postby pawncob » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:00 pm

They're being exported to Spain, so EU rules apply. (Final destination is irrelevant ((and may change))
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

malc2176

Postby malc2176 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 am

The final destination is Norway, that's fixed but assembly will take place in Spain, before onward transportation

robbob

Postby robbob » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 pm

I would normally expect the vat helpline to get the answer correct providing you provide full relevant details - if you have any doubts i would recommend checking with them to see what they say.
i wouldnt always trust them to get it right but if i had any lingering doubts they are good to double check nothing obvious has been missed. Horrible area to advise on without all full facts being known an quoted chapter and verse.

I am presuming its a given that the goods to be assembled have been exported from the uk to spain rather than starting in spain ? if that's not the case i am guessing pawncob's answer may be different.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”