This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT On Service / Repair

paul26
VAT On Service / Repair

Postby paul26 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello ,

I started running small company who providing repair service all over the EU. Now I'm confuse as I did look on HMRC website and its not clear if I should charge the VAT or not.

I'm VAT registered as I'm purchasing some parts from company which require myself have VAT number.

For any company outside EU who has EORI should I charge the VAT ? How this is working if the company to who I provide the repair service doesn't have the EORI ?

I will be really appreciated for some clarification

Thanks
Paul

les35

Re: VAT On Service / Repair

Postby les35 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:28 pm

What are you repairing? Is it/they fixed to the ground/building?

paul26

Postby paul26 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey

I'm repairing medical equipment which are not fixed.
Both parties have EORI number and all shipping documentation including the information about part showing that was shipped to UK and back to client.

In some passion repair will be done at the client place in that case should I assume that this is falling under this same rule ?

les35

Postby les35 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:25 am

The Place of Supply rules determine how you should approach the VAT outcome. Where you carry out work of repair on a client's goods, the PoS is where the client is located.
So, if your client is in another EU Member State, you do not charge UK VAT. But you need your customer's VAT number, and you will need to complete an EC Sales List.
If your client is outside the EU, you do not charge UK VAT. You need basic evidence that the customer is in business.
If your client is in the UK, you charge UK VAT.
I hope that is helpful.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”