This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

EC Sales List

Phil0867
EC Sales List

Postby Phil0867 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:05 am

Hi
I have a scenario where we have a Polish customer who has placed an order (we are a UK company), this order will be delivered to their location in Sweden, and be invoiced to their office in the US. Which of these locations determines whether or not this should appear on an EC sales listing?
Regards
Phil

Trevor S

Re: EC Sales List

Postby Trevor S » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 am

I'm assuming that you are only based in the UK, and that the recipient in Sweden is your customer (not your customer's customer).

For VAT purposes, this is a supply of goods from the UK to Sweden. The fact that the order was placed from a Polish branch and the invoice is to be sent to a US branch is irrelevant - it's the movement of goods that is important.

The EC Sales List is intended to help tax authorities monitor acquisition tax / reverse charge VAT accounting by the recipients of supplies. So I'd assume that it should be done on the same basis.

Your customer should have a Swedish VAT registration, it is these details that you will require.

Phil0867

Re: EC Sales List

Postby Phil0867 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:04 am

Hi Trevor
Yes we are based solely in UK and the Swedish recipient is our customer.
Thanks for your response.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”