This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Accident VAT free shopping

Lara28
Accident VAT free shopping

Postby Lara28 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:04 am

Hi, I must sound stupid, which I feel right now.
A few months ago I bought 2 products for total £24. I asked my beautician what cream she thinks is better for my skin , she advised one and I found it online. Obviously, I chose the link, where it was a few pounds cheaper.
As I shop sporadically through the phone and just got used that need to tick the policy etc. I have just filled the account details and ticked the places, assuming it is a policy and was waiting the delivery.
Today, a few months later, I was clearing my emails and saw an email from sage and the name of the company... I opened it and learnt that I apparently confirmed that I am a beautician or study beauty, and got vat free product....
What I supposed to do? Should I call sage , company, HMRS?

Jholm

Re: Accident VAT free shopping

Postby Jholm » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:42 am

The amount is so minimal, plus it sounds like you've just bought a product in your own capacity, not as a business or trade.

Consider it a win.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”