This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

It seems that for imports worth over £135 all businesses are supposed to do this. help

elbit
It seems that for imports worth over £135 all businesses are supposed to do this. help

Postby elbit » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:18 pm

importing goods - no vat charged by DHL VAT CDS CHIEF help

Hi, I've had a couple of imports that have not had VAT charged on the DHL invoice (usually there is the vat, duty, admin). I understand that i am supposed to now register for the Cutsoms Declaration Service and inform HMRC of each import and register the estimated VAT charge with them via the CDS site. This requires a paid for third party software.

It seems that for imports worth over £135 all businesses are supposed to do this.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”