This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Evasion of 300k

norrimac
Re: Tax Evasion of 300k

Postby norrimac » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:50 pm

This is interesting!

I'm new to this forum. I just logged on for the first time and this topic is VERY close to my question:

I'm a British citizen, resident in Spain, where I pay my taxes on all my income.

I am about to launch a website that supplies marketing services to (specifically) UK High Street Opticians. The subscription is 99 uk pounds a month.

My tax affairs are in order here in Spain, but I got a question from a subscriber (in the UK) and I'm unsure of the answer:

Can a UK, self-employed Optician & Taxpayer claim this money as a business expense?

The product is a marketing system (both a physical and virtual product) that the client uses to increase business and train staff in productive marketing and advertising techniques.

Any advice would be extremely welcome!

Many thanks,

Norman. (Mallorca, Spain.)

pdonnar

Postby pdonnar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:57 pm

I too know personally of several people who deal in large amounts of cash and don't declare it, one even claiming benefits at the same time. Phone calls to the hotline appear to have no effect. Meanwhile, the authorities are keen to pursue people who *do* declare their earnings but make errors in their returns - the easiest option I suppose.

weegirl

Postby weegirl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Meanwhile, the authorities are keen to pursue people who *do* declare their earnings but make errors in their returns - the easiest option I suppose.
I agree with you here. I am not even going to start on this one, I could go on a serious rant, but believe me, the bigger the company, the more money they have, the better the solicitors/accountants they can hire to fight the HMRC.

Don't let this take up your life, it ain't worth it.

sona9

Postby sona9 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Same here I have reported car trader in Wiltshire, as he's not registered and not paying tax. However nothing was done about it....

Generix

Postby Generix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Same here I have reported car trader in Wiltshire, as he's not registered and not paying tax. However nothing was done about it....
Please delete this thread as I can't see a single positive reason for keeping it open for potential necro'ing again.
Do you adore to transfer your artistic and inventive qualities to renovate a part type? Perhaps your friends who tour your sanctuary head remarks about want they could levy you to change their premises.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm

@Generix That would be against the ethos of TaxationWeb. None of the comments are harassing, defamatory, etc. If people want to vent of steam, let them. They'll do it anyway, if not here, then somewhere else. For anyone who does not want to participate, they can just move on and not follow this conversation any more.

Generix

Postby Generix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm

@Generix That would be against the ethos of TaxationWeb. None of the comments are harassing, defamatory, etc. If people want to vent of steam, let them. They'll do it anyway, if not here, then somewhere else. For anyone who does not want to participate, they can just move on and not follow this conversation any more.
I was more annoyed that I read the entire thread and only at the end noticed the original start date of the thread and then its various reincarnations. :x
Do you adore to transfer your artistic and inventive qualities to renovate a part type? Perhaps your friends who tour your sanctuary head remarks about want they could levy you to change their premises.

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:24 pm

@ Generix
That was only because you take matters on the forum seriously and nobody in recent times on this thread has asked a question

I too wasted my time going to page 2 LOL
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Generix

Postby Generix » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am

@ Generix
That was only because you take matters on the forum seriously and nobody in recent times on this thread has asked a question
Haha not sure if that is a positive thing or a negative thing :geek:

:lol: ;)

PatienceIs

Postby PatienceIs » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I have reported someone.
They were also reported by others.

We supplied lots of details and documentation, photographs, scams, co-conspirators etc.
We will never know if our report went anywhere or what stage it is at.
We do know they are having a lot of contact with their accountant recently due to the VAT man.
That could be a complete coincidence.
Maybe they just have arrears - or, maybe HMRC have followed up the information and have taken action.

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”