This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Employment Record Form and living overseas

Eleg14

Postby Eleg14 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi all I would be greatful for any help...... I am currently living overseas and renting out our property in England under the landlord abroad scheme. I have just put in to claim our tax the letting agents took from us at the very begining of the process ( found those forms vey hard !!). I have now recieved a Employment history form from them ? I am however as of last week back in england working as an xmas temp for 8 weeks and filled out a p46 are the two linked ?? I'm now very confused ? I will not be earning enough to pay any tax and havent worked since feb 2005 and claimed nothing from either country? Thanks for your time in reading this

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:04 am

Hi Eleg,
There are a number of questions that arise from your own question and the main one being whether you are resident in the foreign country see booklet IR20

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pdfs/ir20.htm

and also what exactly u are doing overseas and how you are managing to exist if you have no source of income in either country?

The P46 could give rise to the Employment history enquiry but then so could your claim to be non resident etc.

regards
bill@wasmtaxltd.com
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”