This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Random ? or should I be worried ! ?

RED

Postby RED » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:35 am

I recieve Tax credits. I am self employed. I had a letter from the IR tax credit team saying that my tax credit award is being examined. They are asking for all personal bank and credit card statments for the last 6 months and all utility bills and TV licence since Jan this year.

Would this kind of examination be Random ?

My ex wife recently got the CSA onto me without approaching me 1st (I have my children 3 out of 7 days). Could she be the reason I am being examined ?

Also , it seems that the information they have asked for, is to see If I live where I say I do rather than how much I earn - does that seem right ?

I keep lousy paperwork, but I fill my forms in honestly. Should I be worried ?

Richard

citypropertyservices

Postby citypropertyservices » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:42 am

I have had exactly the same experience,suprisingly the IR tax Credit people are very helpful,they are more interested in seeing were i lived and did not want to see credit card,bank account or anything else.

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”