This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

PAYE Status Enquiry

vinodkumar

Postby vinodkumar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 am

Dear all
We have today received a letter + determinations from a client's PAYE office declining the status of his subcontractors. We have been involved from the outset with the enquiry but it is now becoming a very complicated enquiry and the figures of tax demanded are very high.
If a PAYE status expert practitioner is reading this thread and is interested in working (for a fee) with us or independently, with a view to successfully concluding the enquiry, can you please leave your details with your Email address and/or phone number to contact you.

Thank you. This is a very serious inquiry and would only suit a firm that has in the past had a good measure of success.

Anon.

CDavey9501@aol.com

Postby CDavey9501@aol.com » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:06 am

We have used accountax uk for this sort of thing and found them useful. They have been sucessful in cases such as Mal Scaffolding etc.

vinodkumar

Postby vinodkumar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:07 am

Thank you for your swift reply.

Would you have their address/phone numbers, website address,etc? Are they the same practice based in Slough?

I remember many years ago I attended their course on the New CIS scheme but apparently their telephone no. appears ot ahve changed now.

Many thanks.

CDavey9501@aol.com

Postby CDavey9501@aol.com » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:14 am

Did a google and came up with 08450 660 035. I'd say David Smith would be best to talk to. I also attended a few courses with Rebecca Bennyworth who impressed me but not sure where she practices from.

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 am

Vinodkumar
why don't you put you email here - unless you do not want HMRC to see the case

What you have to remember is that where HMRC go formally by determinations they cannot give effect to concession of setting of tax already paid by subcontractors as they might do if they were going Class 6.

regards
bill@wamstaxltd.com
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

amccann@dtegroup.com

Postby amccann@dtegroup.com » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:29 am

As Director of Tax at DTE Group I have experience in this field.If you wish to discuss please call me on either 0161 767 1291 or 07715 755238.
Regards
Alan McCann CTA ATT
Director of Tax
DTE Business Advisory Services Limited

moraira

Postby moraira » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:04 am

As a former manager of an Employer Compliance Unit for HMRC undertaking such enquiries, and now working enquiries on behalf of clients, I have extensive knowledge from both sides of the fence. If you wish to discuss please call on 01472 350601 or e mail p.chappell@forrester-boyd.co.uk.
Regards
Paul Chappell
Senior Tax Investigations Manager
Forrester Boyd

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”