This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Client asking for Letter for DPS

Nat2321302
Client asking for Letter for DPS

Postby Nat2321302 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Hi I have a questions and hope someone can answer if this is risky for my firm .

My client is an Estate agent client who have set up a Property Management company with 4 family member director ans shareholder and had their DPS account locked recently.
They are now asking us as their accountant for the management company to send a letter on our firms letterhead addfress to DPS stating that- to provide undertaking confirming that the appropriate documents have been submitted to the relevant company registration. And list of directors.

Is this something normally need to provide?

Thanks

pawncob

Re: Client asking for Letter for DPS

Postby pawncob » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:35 am

Why has their DPS account been locked?
As long as what you state is factual and correct I can't see a problem.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”