This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

How do you get the certificate of immunity?

MisterH

Postby MisterH » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:53 am

Hello to you all,

My problem involves frozen bank accounts and identity theft.

I developed a horse racing system and in September 2004, I wanted to draw the money out of the accounts and have a spend up!

Unfortunately, the cashier in one of the bookies decided he wanted the money more, so he tried to steal it all by using my identity. He took out a loan in my name and also bought himself a car on finance, again using the details that the bookies held on their system.

I was eventually charged with attempted money laundering, obtaining monies by deception, etc, etc. and all of my accounts were frozen.

The cashier was eventually caught, and I believe is still in prison. However, my solicitor has only just had a letter from the court telling him that the case was closed on 7th September 2005.

12 days later, I still cannot access my money and I do not know why.

My understanding is that I am waiting for a certificate of immunity, which I believe to be a code that is transmitted from the court to release my accounts.

The court is being extremely unhelpful, and this is not helping.

Today, there has been a hint that this matter is being slowed by a "persuence of justice" but I have no idea what that is, or if I have even spelt it correctly.

Can anyone help?

Thanks if you can.

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”